- Training on Peace Building and Conflict Management for Youth Volunteers is underway in Batu Town
- Trainee’s Birth Date with the Second Day Training Session
- CDCB has Continued Training for Youth Peace Agents on Volunteerism in Peace Building in Arsi Negelle.
- Training on Youth Volunteerism in Peace Building for Youth Peace Agents in Shashamanne
- CDCB Hosted a Validation Workshop on “Conflict Management and Peace Building in Oromia and the Role of the Youth and Social Media”
Welcome to Center for Development and Capacity Building
What do we do?
CDCB believes in evidence based advisory services to the regional government institutions and leadership. Accordingly, CDCB has planned several research and study projects/priorities in its strategic plan. In addition, the center is keen to undertake a study or research when requested by the institutions. On top of this the CDCB has better record in the past few years’ experiences in undertaking various studies..
Capacity Building Programs
One of the major and priority areas of CDCB is to support the regional through various capacity building programs. These include organizing Capacity Building Trainings for Regional Institutions. Identifying Institutional capacity gap is a key task before the intervention. The capacity Building demand of the region is identified in CDCB’s five years Strategic Management Plan (SPM). Based on the SPM CDCB planned several capacity building programs including training packages through its volunteer networks of professionals.
Project Based Programs
CDCB has adopted two mechanisms in which project based programs are implemented. The first one is soliciting funds from donors to implement innovative projects having economic and social benefits for the society, specially the poor. This program focuses on the projects having multiple benefits and to be scaled up to other areas of similar context. The second one is implementing projects based on the demand of regional institutions.